We see ourselves as a 45-year-old startup. We've transformed MRO supply chain management from a cost of doing business to an enabler of great business. We are the inventors of Integrated Supply, Enterprise MRO, and now MRO As-a-Service. As advocates for industry change, our mission is to make the process of simplifying and optimizing each client's MRO supply chain so intuitive, so transparent, so empowering that our clients can achieve the enterprise-wide efficiency, productivity and reliability they demand.
The Procurement Agent will manage the purchasing process through identifying proper sources, obtaining quotes and placing orders for material requests through an ERP system. This is a critical role that requires excellent communication, time management and collaboration skills. The right candidate must have outstanding customer service skills and be able to work within a team environment
- Frequent contact with the customer and site personnel electronically, over the phone, via email and from time to time, in person.
- Issue requests for quotes/proposals and select best source consistent with cost, quality and delivery requirements.
- Respond to requests concerning over-shipments, delivery shortages, changes in quantity, delivery dates, and prices and report such changes to the interested parties in a timely manner as required.
- Act as a liaison between suppliers and involved departments to resolve procurement related problems.
- Authorize payment for purchases by reviewing invoices and related documentation.
- Communicate with field personnel relative to tracking orders and shipments, trouble shooting and responding to all other questions, inquires and complaints in a timely fashion.
- Handles all invoice exceptions, including A/P match exceptions associated with purchasing and the expediting of open orders.
- Back up other accounts as needed.
- Support the emergency program in place after business hours as needed.
Core 6 Competencies
- Speed to Execution - Ability to hold oneself and others accountable to clear standards of service excellence in an increasingly dynamic environment. Takes ownership. Sets goals and expectations. Seeks to improve performance and holds others accountable for challenging goals. Develops courage of action that will ensure that our clients' needs are met with a high standard of excellence, urgency and predictability.
- Simplify - To take responsibility to meet the expressed needs. Demonstrates service by going beyond what's expected. Possesses understanding of others' situation or business. Focuses on creating the right solutions to address specific needs. Ability to focus on the unexpressed or future needs of current and potential customer and/or clients.
- Commitment/Teamwork One SDI - Ability to partner across departmental lines and work cooperatively within and outside one's own team to best serve clients' needs and exceed expectations of the clients. Actively supports key decisions and promotes a spirit of teamwork to demonstrate the commitment of one firm, SDI. Collaborates with others. Promotes a climate of respect and cooperation. Encourages cross collaboration and teaming to break down silos.
- Perseverance - Achieving Results - Pursuing results and solutions with energy, drive and a need to finish. Seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks. Maintains focus on position or plan despite obstacles. Continually seeks to improve performance. Holds self and others accountable for challenging goals.
- Courage - To Make Mistakes - faces up to people and challenges. Has courage to try something new. Willing to defy current state and challenge. Willing to introduce something new or different without fear of failure. Encourages new ideas, candid feedback and conflicting opinions. Creative approach to problem solving.
- Solution-Oriented - Ability to hold oneself and other accountable to clear standards of service excellence in an increasingly dynamic environment. Takes personal ownership by accepting accountability for assigned work and clarifies expected end results. Sets clear and consistent goals and expectations. Works to meet and exceed goals and objectives.
- Bachelor's degree preferred. In lieu of degree, minimum of 3 years purchasing and / or customer service experience
- Client centric focus required
- Must be a motivated self-starter with an exceptional sense of urgency, follow up and drive to get things done right the first time every time
- Experience in the MRO industry a plus
- Strong systems acumen: Knowledge of ERP software and MS Office software preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, manage a large volume of communication.
- Strong teamwork skills to assist others and ability to commit to team goals and activities
Normal office environment
Some holiday and weekend coverage required throughout the year